Thursday 18 October 2012

#148 IUI Timing (10/18/12)

You have to remember, everything happens for a reason.  Everything happens for a reason.  Everything happens for a reason. 

When I first saw my fertility doctor, we had charted one month of BBT.  He said we don’t need to do that anymore, so we stopped.  I’m starting up again, just for my curiosity but haven’t gotten a full month.  I’ve just started my cycle again, 3 days early.  So I’m trying to have a full month charted, and continue going for now.  The point to this is; my cycle is now 3 days early.  This puts my ovulation days (per my iPFree App) right when the clinic is closed for Christmas break.  I can’t go before that, as I have surgery to remove a polyp scheduled for mid November, right when I’m menstruating, so that complete month is out.  Before this early cycle, my peak ovulation day was January 3rd 2013, and that is the day the clinic reopens for business.  I was really hoping time would be on my side and I would be able to try first week into the New Year.  Now, I’m looking at the end of January, which would mean the earliest Due date would be November 1st.  That is a little too late in the year to have my grandmother fly over from England. 

So, I’m now sending my body fertile thoughts and direction to have a shorter cycle this month as well, which would pull my prime date ovulation to before the clinic closes for Christmas.  I’m now also wondering if I should do a couple months of OPK’s to test that they do work for my body, and that I ovulate close to when the App thinks I do.  The OPK’s are just expensive and I’m wondering if it is worth the cost.  Did anyone test OPK’s before trying IUI? 

Quick cycle, quick cycle, quick cycle, breathe, relax, quick cycle, quick cycle.  Everything happens for a reason. 

I think my cycle starting early may be my body saying, hurry up and get pregnant all ready.  I hope so, but it isn’t quite working to the PLAN.  Goes to show plans can change at a moment’s notice. 

2 comments:

  1. It'll work out one way or another. My cycles are (were?) fairly regular, but for some reason would always change in the winter. I'd just trust the clinic to track ovulation and not worry about BBT or OPKs or anything, but our clinic was also very good about tracking --blood tests on day three and then from day ten to ovulation. Not sure what yours is like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point I'm not too sure how they track either. If memory serves me right from our very first appointment it is just using one of three preferred OPK's once positive, you phone in, and the next day you go in for IUI. We'll see how it goes I guess. I remember something like, if you don't get pregnant by three tires they will look at other things. They have done blood work on day 3 and 21 and things looked good for that, and and HSG to make sure my tubes are open, the left was a little fussy but ended up being fine.

    I did end up purchasing some cheaper OPK's from Amazon just to help me learn my cycle a bit better and to give me the feeling like I'm doing something to edge this closer to doing something.

    ReplyDelete