Friday 27 September 2013

26 Weeks and 2 days (09/27/13)

26 Weeks and 2 days (09/27/13)

Depending on whom you ask, some say today is 26 weeks, some say it is 26 weeks and 4 days.  We are sticking with 26 weeks and 2 days.  Here is the latest belly picture.  I will say, I think my boobs are outgrowing my belly. 

Don't I look chipper that morning.

As of this morning, they officially leak, ever so slightly.  Up till now, I have been noticing crystals of dried milk occasionally.  This morning I was looking to get rid of any possible crystals, and got milk instead.  Sorry if that was a little graphic.  I’m really disappointed I won’t be able to donate to the Calgary Milk Bank because of the asthma medication I am on. 

Today I had my next ultrasound.  Here are the latest and greatest pictures.

Profile picture


Profile showing a little leg


Smooshy Face Yawn


Smooshy Face mouth closed


No pictures please




Big foot

Right now, well as of this morning, he was laying sideways, technically breach, his bum on my left side, and everything else on the right, legs, feet, hands and head. 

As far as his measurements, he is about 860 grams, and almost spot on the 50th percentile.   So once again I need to keep doing what I have been doing, baby bean is doing very well.  We are that much closer to the 28 week mark which is when Deb will breathe easier with the knowledge that babies born after 28 weeks have a 90-95% survival rate.  Per the chart below we are all ready at the 80% success rate.  But the longer he stays in there the better at this point. 


Length of Pregnancy
Likelihood of Survival
23 weeks
17%
24 weeks
39%
25 weeks
50%
26 weeks
80%
27 weeks
90%
28-31 weeks
90-95%
32-33 weeks
95%
34+ weeks
Almost as likely as a full-term baby
Sources: March of Dimes, Quint Boenker Preemie Survival Foundation


2 comments:

  1. I love the ultrasound photos! Glad to hear that things are going pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, the pics are so great!! :) Yay!!! As for the milk thing, Rhonda's milk came in early as well. I remember she was in the tub and hollered out to me to come see. Yup, she squirt some out and I was.....shocked....amazed....laughed. It was pretty funny thinking back now. LOL I know it grosses some people out but it's all a part of the package. Turns out she never did produce much milk and therefore only breast fed for a month. Brielle simply wasn't getting enough and we'd have to top her up every time. She pumped and pumped and pumped but nothing more happened. We took it as a sign to just move forward and everything was perfect. We have a happy, healthy 15 month old who did more than good on formula and we got to share the experience of feeding.

    ReplyDelete