Wednesday 17 December 2014

A Kick to the Teeth

Well a year is almost up and Spencer is almost a year old. Wow time flies. But this post isn't about that. This is about misinformation regarding mat leave. My first six weeks off was for medical leave because I had a Csection. I was informed my Mat leave would start after that six weeks. What Service Canada neglected to tell me is that Mat leave ends when baby is a year old no matter when you started it. I can appeal that but it doesn't look too good. 

So we now start six weeks of no pay until I return to work in Febryary. 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Dealing with government stuff sucks. At least we get a really nice mat. leave here though. I don't know how our American counterparts manage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very true Allison. The coverage we have here in Canada is excellent and we need to be thankful for that

    ReplyDelete