Monday 14 January 2013

#165 Temptations (01/14/13)


Well today seems to be testing my will power a bit.  Normally on Tuesdays work brings around a tea cart with a sample of cookies.  This is a fun treat option once a week.  Today they brought it around and will also be bringing it tomorrow, the proper day.  I did have a herbal mint tea no cream or sugar, and resisted all the cookies, even though there were some interesting new ones available from a gourmet pack of chocolate covered cream looking cookies, or the wafer tubes with chocolate in them, one of my usual weaknesses.  Sometime ago it would have taking a sumo wrestler to hold me back from taking one, or four. 

As another temptation today, work offered pizza, which is not a usual thing.  For some reason, today, that didn’t even register as an “ooh that sounds good.”  All I could think of was the grease pooling on the cheese and it didn’t appeal to me today.  There have been days in the past the sound of a good cheesy pizza was the fabulous idea for snack, or dinner, or breakfast, or sometimes lunch. 

Maybe I’m just coming down with the flu, or maybe I’m getting willpower of steel resisting evil food temptations.  Well; probably not either, just getting better in general at excuse #4 Food weaknesses and #6 Resisting Peer Pressure for Food. 

As far as caffeine update, I have been limiting myself to one 16 oz coffee per day.  The first few days were a bit of a snooze by the time I got off work, but I managed.  I’ve been doing this for one week now.  If I must have another cup of coffee, it must be decaf.  This is to have weaned off for if (when) I get pregnant.  I don’t want to have a fetus vibrating from my caffeine consumption.  I don’t think I will be able to wean off the morning cup, but we will see how things go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment