Monday 17 September 2012

#131 Sperm Relief (09/17/12)

As mentioned before in #126, our sperm donor is no longer in the system.  I was getting very stressed over having enough chances to have two pregnancies.  Originally my wife and I said, we would try three times each to get pregnant, otherwise, we would adopt, thus in the end would need 6 vials from the same donor.  We didn’t purchase all at the same time, and should have. 

Today, I got an email from our sperm bank, leading me to believe we could buy more, but do it soon.  I thought there was some mass confusion on this, so I emailed back to double check. They responded there are the last 3 vials available; please respond soon as there are other clients interested in them.  I emailed and texted my wife urgent to call me to double check with her.  I have just placed the order to have the remaining three we wanted/needed.  That is a huge perfect birthday present for me.  I am just tearing up waiting for the response that the vials will be ours. 

There is always a chance that I won’t get pregnant in three tries, or my wife won’t get pregnant in three tries or we both could get pregnant on the first try and have extra, but then we are covered for more kids if needed.  Our original plan was to each try three goes and go from there.  We should have just stuck to that and purchased the 6 right off the bat.  But at least now, we have the “supplies” to follow our original plan. 

I guess now I need to book the acupuncture and massages to give things every chance they have. 

I just got the email from the bank.  The order has been placed and the sperm will be in transit to Canada.  They will hold at their location until we order a transfer to Calgary.  Woohoo.  My nerves are still a little bit on edge, until they get here and we have paid for them, but this has helped tremendously. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hope you guys end up with more than you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison,

    If my wife had it her way we would be trying for four kids, maybe we'll have enough left over to try, lol. But for now, we at least have enough to try our initial plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great!!! How many vials do you have now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We now have six. Three for me and three for my wife to try when it's her turn. They are even split between cities, three still in Toronto and three in Calgary. We were very glad to get the additional three. I do realize it may take us each more than three tries to get pregnant, but currently that is the plan. Then maybe adpotion. But I'm jumping the gun a little, I need to get to the first try first and go from there.

    ReplyDelete