Monday 24 September 2012

#133 Admitting Reality (09/24/12)

My ticker has officially gone backwards, again.  After the cruise, I didn’t reflect the gain, but the following week I reflected the balance, hoping the remaining would come off.  However, once again this week, there was a gain.  A small one, but gain none the less.  I could blame TOM and ignore reporting it on my ticker, but this gain is a reality, and not officially recording it, is just ignoring it completely.  When I did the weigh in on Saturday morning, the scale couldn’t get it’s story straight.  I weighed once, and was a little dishearten, so I weighed again, it was a little less, yay, but whenever I do this and the numbers come up different, I weigh a third time, and usually that number matched one of the first two.  This time it did not.  The third time was a bit more that the first.  If the scale is going to lie, it needs to get its story straight.  So I went with the first number. 

On a side note, when my wife and I do our official weigh in, we have two moments.  First is the scale that is in our bathroom.  That is just our guide.  After that weigh in, we head downstairs and do the Wii Fit body test.  It is that number that we record on MFP.  (I do keep notes on both however.)

So, I’m back at the 10 pound mark, (actually 9.8 but the ticker rounds so let’s just say 10).  I do hope that the TOM is part of this gain, which should come off, but at this point, I’m definitely not holding my breath.  I think I would pass out long before that happens. 

This weekend, we did work out butts off though; tonnes of cleaning, and yard work, and pruning, and hauling garbage, yanking dead branches etc.  Today is going to be our day off, but Tuesday (tomorrow) will be back to the workout schedule, which I have been keeping fairly well to so far. 

The weight loss battle has turned into a war.  Some battles you win, some you lose, you just have to keep fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment