Friday 7 June 2013

10 Weeks 3 Days (06/07/13)

From the comments on my last post, I would like to note, I am not trying to lose weight.  I know some weight gain is probably inevitable.  The reason I got worried is because I gained 8 pounds in the first 2 weeks of knowing.  My health and the baby’s health won’t benefit from me gaining 80 pounds.  With that being said, I am eating healthy, same as I have been before getting pregnant, but a bit more of it.  I have not had any energy for exercise though, I’m hoping I am able to do light exercise in my second trimester at least, as I am now noticing I am getting winded a little easier than I should be.  So whatever weight gain happens, will be, and I will deal with it in the aftermath. 

General dietary changes have been, No more coffee (Even Decaf), the smell churns my stomach, and I have been eating more fruit lately instead of things like pretzels or crackers for snacks.  Other than that things are about the same, and I am making sure I get enough calories for baby and me.  I will admit, I have not been logging my food in My Fitness Pal lately.  It is pretty daunting, but I think I will return to logging after England. 

Some food smells, other than coffee, also churn my stomach, the smell of raw onions is a no, we occasionally use a sweet chilli sauce on things, I can’t stand the smell of that now.  We used to have broccoli somewhat consistently, but now I haven’t tried to eat it, but it doesn’t appeal to me at all.  Interesting on how some things effect you and others don’t.  Cravings for things haven’t been bad.  The ones I cater to are fruit and veggies.  Occasionally I get a hankering for something, but I haven’t made Deb do a run out for anything yet.  One of my current is Tempura Vegetables, still haven’t caved into that one yet though, or a fruit smoothie/milkshake made at home, (we have done that once). 

The past couple days has been a bit better as far as fatigue.  It hasn’t felt like I want to nap at every given waking moment.  Plus the nausea has been different.  Not as much all day, but when it is there it is a bit worse.  It’s a give take kind of thing I guess. 

Tonight I have my 2nd pre natal appointment with my regular doctor.  I hope I don’t leave there in total frustration again.  I haven’t done a mid week weigh in, so I’m not sure if I will have gained or lost from my last appointment.


  

This photo didn’t turn out too well.  It was a late night photo, our work center has crashed from the wall, and the Iphone flash wasn’t enough light.  I guess morning photos are better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment