Friday 28 June 2013

13 Weeks (06/28/13)

The past couple weeks have been a whirl wind; the trip to England especially.  We got there on Monday and it was a long day in which Deb hadn’t slept in about 36 hours and I had only about an hour sleep in that time.  M & P met us at the airport to lead us from Manchester to Doncaster.  M checked that Deb was a good driver, and off we went.  That was an experience, driving on the opposite side of the road and traffic circles everywhere, and M weaving in and out and between traffic.  We later learned he is a rally race driver, and we were following that kind of driving.  We made it in one piece; Deb a little frazzled, but made it none the less. 

The flight there was nice to the fact we had three seats to ourselves.  However there was a screaming child that just wanted to sleep and the parents (mostly the dad) kept waking her up.  She was asleep, he took her pillow, repeat screaming.  As the mum is trying to get her to sleep she kept nudging her shoulders or something and disrupting rem.  Once again the girl about 2-3 years old was asleep, and the dad shook her “Are you ok?”  A few people had asked if the mum needed assistant getting the child to sleep and the mum said no.  After the pillow incident, there were a couple guys near the dad that warned him if he touched the child, follow up wouldn’t be good.  We almost had mutiny on the flight.   So of the 8.5 hour flight the last 2 hours were peaceful.  The child just was TIRED and wanted to sleep. 

We were in England for 5 days and travelling for two.  We crammed a lot of things into 5 days.  Of course main agenda was visiting grandma at the hospital.  She was a lot worse that I was originally prepared for.  Her hair was wisped, teeth out, large gash on the forehead, barely able to speak, tubes up her nose for feeding, oxygen tubes for breathing and left side paralyzed.  It was a shock to the system.  Her mind was 100% there though.  Some hallucinations though, probably medication induced though. 

Other highlights included, my cousin’s wedding, P’s birthday, visiting Cusworth Hall and getting a private tour, visiting Chatsworth Hall/Gardens, getting lost in a town called Chesterfield, Doncaster Markets, downtown Doncaster shops, visiting my Auntie, having lunch with my Uncle, and visiting with P & M & J.  Luckily, the adrenaline of keeping busy kept me awake.  Just the week before pregnancy fatigue had me napping at any given/allowable moment.

Once home it took me a week to get over the jet lag.  Once again I needed to randomly nap.  On the slight plus side, even though I can’t drink coffee, I can drink Tea, good old English Typhoo tea.  Mmmm.  Surprisingly I didn’t gain weight in England.  I think it is mostly due to the fact it was my most active week in months, we did have a lot of naughty foods, ie, chocolates, Fish & Chips with scraps.  Not all bad, but more than normal.

The week after we got back I also had my first ultrasound.  It was great to see baby in there, and a bit of a shock, it became a little more real.  The heartbeat was at a constant 163.  All my chromosome markers that they tested for came back great.  At that day I was then technically 12 weeks from LMP, but they ran from insemination date which put me at 11 weeks and 5 days.  Baby measured to be 11 Weeks 6 Days; so pretty much right on par.  Here are some pictures. 









I’m a little behind on my belly pictures, but really no change from outward appearance.  I’ll post them shortly.  

5 comments:

  1. Aww! What a cute baby! Isn't it amazing to see them on ultrasound?! Will you find out the gender at your 18 week ultrasound or leave it a surprise? We found out, and our little guy will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Can't believe how quick it flew by. Seem like yesterday I was getting our 12 week ultrasound and now he's here. Enjoy your pregnancy (as much as you can :) you'll blink and it will be over and youll have this tiny person to love and adore for the rest of your lives. All good things, from the Calgary nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and hope you huge were ok during all the recent flooding in Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your trip was a lovely blur! And adorable baby pics! I wonder as well if you guys are going to find out the gender. Rhonda & I did. No way we could wait! No way we wanted to wait!! Planning for a girl was so much fun. And it's hard to believe a year has gone by already. Oh, and the 3D ultrasound is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwe the pictures are adorable!!! Glad your trip went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments, and a response to Calgary Nurse, we were in a safe zone for flooding. I hope you were safe as well.

    We will be finding out the gender at 19 weeks.

    ReplyDelete