Monday 3 June 2013

Nine Weeks 5 Days (06/03/13)

Here is a quick update.  The past few weeks have been extreme fatigue, napping whenever I get the chance.  Things on that are getting a smidge better.  Nausea is still a fighting battle, still using Jolly Ranchers, ginger, and crackers to help that. 

On the weight gain, this past week I was down a bit, so that is a bit better.  The ticker is correct now. I go in for my second pre natal appointment this Friday.  I had the mass blood work done, that tests for blood pathogens, ultrasound stuff, and general counts, this past weekend.  I don’t know the results yet. 

This past weekend we had a good trip to Lethbridge connecting with an old friend of mine from high school.  It was a good visit. 


On May Long weekend, my Grandma had a major health incident.  She had a massive heart attack, which caused an ischemic stroke, in which she collapsed and hit her head on the side table, giving her a large gash on the forehead.  At 90, that is a good thing she was able to survive that to begin with.  Recovery has been a bit hit or miss, but it seems things are getting a bit scary for her, and she is hallucinating again, not sure if that is from the stroke or the medications.  So Deb and I are doing an emergency trip to England, in hopes of getting a last visit in, even if sitting bedside in the hospital.  Maybe that will help her spirits for recovery. We are hoping for the best, preparing for the worse I guess.  

7 comments:

  1. Hope all the test results come back positive. Diclectin was a lifesaver for me. I honestly don't know how I would have survived pregnancy with out.

    Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she bounces back. Jen's grandma has been dealing with health issues since the New Year. It's tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been keeping Diclectin in my thoughts, but I am reserving that for if (hopefully won't) I actually lose my lunch so to speak. Thanks though

      Sorry to hear about Jen's Grandma too.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about you g'ma! I hope she recovers quickly and you get some good time with her.

    I wonder if you have read the well rounded mama blog? She talks a lot about weight gain/loss in pregnancy. It seems to me like you shouldn't be losing weight while pregnant, and in fact should gain some during your second and third trimesters, even if you are 'overweight' to begin with. The blog has been really great for me. I also like the Plus Size Mommy Memoirs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I have time I will try and check out those blogs. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Please, please try to not worry too much about weight gain. You don't want to gain 50 or 60 or 80 pounds or anything, but it's okay to be okay with some weight gain. When Rhonda was first pregnant, the first three months were hell because all she worried about was the weight gain. Finally I said STOP, so we talked about it and I told her she had to come to terms with it. It was bound to happen. It needed to happen if our baby was going to be safe. Once she got past that, she realized it would be fine. And she ended up gaining something like 25 or 27 lbs, which in the grand scheme of things, isn't a lot. And she did manage to take it off fairly quickly. Enjoy your pregnancy. :) It's very important.

    And so sorry to hear about your grandma. Have a safe trip and give her lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to not gain a lot of weight which is why when I gained 8 pounds in the first two weeks I was worried I would be the 80 pound gain person, which isn't healthy. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
    2. Yup, you'll likely gain like Rhonda did. She had a bunch of weight gain within the first month of knowing but then it kind of slowed down and she gained small amounts throughout the rest of the pregnancy. I assumed you weren't trying to "lose" weight, but I know you are just concerned because it's tricky business carrying a baby with extra weight already. You'll find the balance. :)

      Delete