Friday 6 July 2012

#16 Day 18 of logging: Sweet after dinner (04/04/12)

After 18 days of logging everything, even the bad days, I'm beginning to think differently about food.  I'm finally seeing it as fuel, not a distraction from boredom, or stress, or emotions.  The stress/emotional eating is still hard though. I think my biggest challenge is my wife and mother in law.  My mother in law comes over fairly often, which is great.  However, she always wants something sweet after dinner.  So we usually end up having something.  Usually I have enough calorie room, as I tent to anticipate this. Is it good or bad to have something sweet after dinner if it is within your calorie allotment?  For the most of the meals throughout the day they are whole foods, and we aren't having processed nearly as much as we used to.  Dinners are still a work in progress though, however they are getting better.
The girl guide cookies were calling today, but I resisted. I have a terrible headache today.  Not sure why.  I took Advil, but only helped marginally.  Arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment