Tuesday 17 July 2012

#36 Worried about tomorrow (04/27/12)

I have now been logging my food for 40 days; the last 32 being serious about calories.  Tomorrow is the next weigh in.  In my head I have been at this for a month now, doing radical changes to my previous lifestyle.  So far only 4 pounds and that I see as the usually toxin waste leaving the body so to speak, excess water, waste etc.  Tomorrow will I see results for my efforts, or will it be in vain.  I don’t want to get to tomorrow and feel like giving up.  They say it takes 28 days to make something a habit, but me going back to old ways would be too easy.  I fear tomorrow I won’t see the results I’ve been hoping for and mentally have a snap and say “never mind”. 
The upside is, my wife has also started logging. Tomorrow will be after her first full week of logging.  The same fear for her is there.  If she doesn’t see results, will she also abandon new practices and give up? 
We are also waiting for our Fitbits to get here.  I don’t want to wipe out all progress by falling off the wagon before they get here.  Will we be each other’s motivation, or partners in falling?  Let’s hope for a loss tomorrow for the both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment