Thursday 12 July 2012

#29 Yesterday was a bit of a side track (04/18/12)

Well, I did fall off the wagon a bit yesterday, but not a complete derailment.  This morning I was still feeling like I wanted to continue the slide down, but I feel I am back on the right path mentally.  The last few blogs have been a big mental unload of information, but it feels good to have that off my head.  My wife is returning to her cheery self which is good.  Even though I had just finished a large dinner of zucchini pancakes, when I worked out Wii, I was down 0.1kg from Sunday afternoon.  It isn’t much, but considering I ate quite a bit it was nice to see down instead of up.  However, my wife still isn’t really seeing any progress.  I’m not sure what she is doing wrong.  We are eating relatively the same, I think she does eat a bit more, but she should be seeing results by now.  I think next week I will remind her to go to her doctors to see if her thyroid is out of balance or something. 
I was going to set another mini challenge to myself to try and make it 8 days of being under for calories, but tomorrow I have visitors flying in from England, so I imagine we will eat out at least once.  I will try and eat a better choice for meal, but it will probably limit time for working out and therefore my calories will be a bit over. 
So instead of a calorie challenge this week; I am going to make it a walking challenge.  My challenge is going to be to walk 3.5 miles this week, on the treadmill.  That is 0.5 miles a day.  If I miss a day then I need to make it up.  This is over and above the Wii workouts I normally do.  Tonight I will be doing a lot of cleaning for company arriving, so I’m not sure if I will get started tonight, but I will make a strong effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment