Thursday 19 July 2012

#40 Excuse #4 Food Weaknesses Continued (05/02/12)

I fell victim to a food weakness I had forgotten about; Licorice/Nibs.  Nibs haven’t crossed my lips in so long; I had forgotten what a forbidden fruit these were.  In the lunch room at my work was some candy bowls.  In these candy bowls were fun size nib packets.  I was doing well for calories today and figured I would be ok just having one.  Wrong.  This ignited my sweet tooth into a bonfire.  More nibs, I wanted.  My sweet tooth was screaming at me “Go get more, it’s only 45 calories. Get more.” It seemed I almost went into a panic for more, for a moment. 
The change in my behaviour though showed.  I stopped myself because I knew if I had one more that would lead to one more and one more etc.  To help calm my urge I ended up having a caramel rice cake which is a little more substance behind the 50 calories.  I have to watch though, my sweet tooth tried to get me to add sugar to my afternoon coffee.  That is a habit I haven’t really been doing for a long time now, yet it seemed so natural to grab a sugar packet to add.  I stopped myself however before picking up the packet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment