Friday 27 July 2012

#57 Pizza just isn’t the same anymore (05/24/12)

Last night my wife and I weren’t in the mood to cook, and were craving pizza.  So on the way home I stopped and got one Little Caesar’s.  I opted for a ham and pineapple pizza in lieu of pepperoni to save some calories.  I also got some Cinasticks.  Both of which were to share between us.  We each ate half the pizza and some of the cinasticks, then later finished the cinasticks.  At the time we felt full, but shortly after we felt hungry.  Not just peckish, but HUNGRY.  For the dinner this brought us to our calorie allotment, so we didn’t want to eat more.  We had a little room so we had some milk. 

Pizza used to be a satisfying meal.  I suppose we used to eat more of it, but not too much.  Now, the craving is gone, but we now have a realization that it just isn’t the same, for store bought ones anyways.  A home baked pizza with extra veggies and pineapple is much better, for the next time we get the craving.  Hopefully we remember the feeling and do something at home instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment