Wednesday 15 August 2012

#111 New Donor Information (08/15/12)

When we were first shopping for sperm, I emailed Xytex regarding our donor choice.  There was a delay in the send due to an email issue, so I didn’t hear back right away.  Alas this morning I got some shocking news.  The donor all ready has 34 family units worldwide.  That is all ready, 34 half siblings that our possible bambino has.  That also puts us closer to the max of 40, which makes is important to have enough sperm to get preggers.  If we don’t get pregnant on the first three goes, and he has reached the maximum of 40 before we get the next purchase, we won’t be able to, which we would have to go through the shopping stress again. 

It was a shock though, to think that even though our donor has only been in the system for a year ish, all ready has 34 babies.  That does put high hopes on the fact he has proven sperm, now the stress lies on my body to be primed and ready and welcoming.  I think I need to practice meditation to help me be Zen the day of insemination to help my body welcome his active sperm. 

It will be hard to rationalize the fact that, if we get pregnant with this donor, there will be at least 40 siblings worldwide.  That is a huge family reunion.  We do plan on doing Donor Sibling Registry, so that could be interesting.  Hopefully most of the families decide to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment