Friday 3 August 2012

#80 Working out in the heat (06/21/12)

For the past little while, it has been raining in the morning, and a good temperature for me to walk at lunch, my head does get a bit damn from sweat, but not too bad.  Today is a hot day.  I took a small walk, but the heat was making my head sweat.  If I didn’t need to be at work, I would have continued to walk.  Alas, a short distance in my head was all ready beginning to be damp, so I turned around and back to the office.  I hate the fact my head is the first place I begin to sweat.  Arg.  Maybe I need to see if I can take a shorter lunch, then a 20 minute walk, just before I leave work.  Then it doesn’t matter if my head is damp, or drenched.  A point to ponder I guess. 

Now for this week, I had a goal of reaching 58,000 steps. Unfortunately, that isn’t going to happen.  I am going to struggle to even slightly beet last week’s count at 54,000.  In order to do that, I need to reach 10,000 today and tomorrow for a total of 20,000.  That is a lot of steps in two days.  But I am going to try and see if I can.  Today extra treadmill, tomorrow helping stage/clean a house.  Maybe this afternoon I can try and get a few extra Ninja steps in, and tomorrow work my but off. 

The slight reason I am behind this week in steps, is Saturday, a day that has been an average of 11,000 steps, I only got 5,500.  I was doing a lot of stationary cleaning, and keeping busy otherwise, but steps weren’t constant like they usually are on Saturdays.  I did make up for some on Sunday, but haven’t been able to recover this week, as I was in charge of cooking mostly, not moving my butt. 

Even if I can go over by 1 step, it is an increase, so I am going to work hard to get in the 10,000 steps a day.  Eek, that means I still need 6,400 steps today, three miles.  I’ve got my work cut out for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment