Tuesday 7 August 2012

#85 Gardens Grow (06/29/12)

Today I’m feeling the hurt from gardening; shoulder’s stiff, hips not quite happy, legs sore.  But it was worth it.  Back in may my wife and I planted our jiffy pot kitchen garden in our outside garden.  We had left them a little too long inside and the shock of going outside did some damage.  We had though we lost most of our plants, other than broccoli.  That seemed to be fairing well enough from a distance.  Due to the million other things going on in our lives we haven’t been up keeping the garden, also due to a LOT of rain in the past few weeks.    

Alas, last night I went to weed the almost forgotten about garden, as I got closer I noticed one of the tomato plants survived.  The strawberry plant is doing well.  So I started to weed near them.  Then as I got that area cleared and moved to the nearest broccoli I saw another tomato plant that was blending with the thistles.  I worked on the garden for a couple hours and end result was, all five tomato plants survived, might be too late, but you never know.  The random onion we planted seems to be doing well, and we are going to have a lot of broccoli.  As far as the squashes there is one that looks sturdy enough to make something of its self.  The other’s some have slightly survived, but not sure if they will make it. 

So I even though I didn’t feel it at the time, I got some exercise in, and weeded about half the garden, and spot weeded the rest, along with the fact our plants are doing better than we had thought.  All in all a it was a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment