Friday 3 August 2012

#72 Over my fears, and finally in Dos-derland (06/11/12)

Last week I was stressing myself out about not losing anything again on the weekend weigh in.  Finally the stress was unfounded.  I lost 2.8 pounds.  It seems like a lot in a week, but if you average it over the three weeks I’ve gained and lost nothing then that is .9 per week which is a good average.  It was a huge stress lifted from my wife and myself when we saw the scales Saturday morning. 

Stress is a funny thing.  The more you stress over something the worse it gets and you stress more.  That in turn makes your body unstable and not want to do what it is told, so to speak, ie lose weight.  Deficit of calories should technically equal weight loss, but when stress has taken over your body, it may not happen.  It is a vicious cycle. 

Alas, I am finally in the (high) 200.  I had racked my brain to come up with something equivalent to “One-derland” when a person hits the 100’s.  Alas, Twoderland doesn’t work as well, and Tonnederland gives the thought of heavy instead of lighter.  Maybe I’ll go with Dos-derland, (Spanish 2).  Now that I’m here, I am finally able to come up with something.  It is only 10 pounds in, but worth having a name for it.  I will be in Dos-derland for a long time before striving for One-derland, but as long as I keep going never to see the three hundreds again it is worth celebrating.  I am confident those 10 pounds are off for good. 

It has taken 84 days to get to this point.  I’m hoping the next 10 is a quicker celebration.  If it isn’t, as long as it gets here, I’m doing all right.  Getting to and through Dos-derland is kind of like a 12 step program, one step to get there, which will be a lot of mental stress, the ten steps for each ten pounds off celebrated, then one last leap to leave Dos-derland into One-derland.  It is going to be an incredible journey. 
              
One more celebration about last week, I topped my steps for a week by 10,000.  My last best was 43,082.  Last week, I managed to get in 53,179.  I’m getting better at Ninja Steps.  Let’s see if I can reach 57,000 this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment