Wednesday 29 August 2012

#125 Common Courtesy (08/29/12)


Last night, I finally made time to workout.  It was mostly Wii Stepping, but the total workout was about 45 minutes.  But today, I’m hungry.  I had breakfast on the way to work, and as soon as I was done, I was still hungry.  I’ve been putting off starting to snack, but now I’m edging on Snicker Joe.   

At 11:00 I finally gave in and had my pretzels.  Snicker Joe is slowly leaving my head alone. 

The weather was pretty nice today at lunch, not too hot with a bit of cool wind, thus I was able to go for a fairly long walk at lunch.  On my lunch, I saw a store that sold gates, I swung over to have a look, but they aren’t officially open though.  Alas the point to this paragraph, on my way out of the parking lot, a lady driving by stopped to ask if I was lost.  I explained I was just stopping as a point of curiosity on my walk and away she went.  It is refreshing that someone saw that I might be lost, and took the time to stop and make sure I was ok.  It was a small act of kindness, but didn’t go unnoticed.  That kind of act used to be a common courtesy, but now a day’s not so much.  I think I will try and pay forward the favour. 

Side note:  Today I went to www.proudparenting.com it is a slightly aggressive gay parenting sight.  But the think I learned, Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser is gay.  Now I know, it makes sense, but the thought had never crossed my mind.  My gaydar for lesbians has always been on the fritz, makes it very difficult to be a lesbian.  It’s a blessing I now have my wife (originally met on line) and will never have to make that decision again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment