Friday 3 August 2012

#74 Wish me luck (06/14/12)

Wow, life just got accelerated.  In April we got a call saying we are on the waiting list for the fertility clinic, and the weight list was 3-4 months.  Well, yesterday I got the next call to schedule the appointment for the end of June.  So I have two weeks to lose as much as possible, in a healthy manner.  That is of course just the first appointment, but I would like to be down to under 300, as an afternoon weight, with cloths on; which, in theory should be 6-8 pounds.  That is 3-4 pounds per week.  That is a big order, but I think I will give it my best.  Since I lost 2.8 pounds last week, I’m worried I won’t lose (if not gain) any weight this weekend. 

One of my fears is, I will get to the clinic and they will say I have to lose another 30+ pounds before they will even take me as a patient.  That will delay some things even longer.  Being almost three months in, and only 10 pounds down isn’t enough of a change for an argument to the doctor, I don’t think.  A friend warned me, this clinic can be picky on its patients, so they can keep their success numbers up. 

One of the reasons we want to get pregnant sooner than later is my grandma.  She lives over in England, and has said that, if I get pregnant she would fly over for delivery.  She is now 90 years old, so that is a big thing, and time sensitive.  The other side of things is, it would be healthier for me and the baby, to lose another 25 pounds, which would mean I have reduced my weight by 10%. 

If I can lose the 10 pounds before the appointment, I can argue that I can lose, hopefully, the other 10 pounds before the first tentative treatment in a month, rather than them say come back, when you have lost then we will discuss. 

So please wish me luck, send good vibes, etc, in my accelerated journey to lose the next 10 pounds, or as much as I can in 14 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment