Friday 3 August 2012

#78 Blueberries and Cottage Cheese (06/19/12)

This is a snack I discovered by the progression on how I eat my salad at lunch.  Originally the cottage cheese was for dressing, I now have the salad with just vinegar.  But I still had the cottage cheese on the side for a protein.  One day I had blueberries for a fruit snack and decided to add them to my cottage cheese.  This is a delicious snack.

In the past (before me), my wife had used frozen blueberries in her cottage cheese.  That is a great idea for when blueberries go out of season.  

On a completely different topic, is exercise truly an appetite suppressant?  Before lunch, I was fairly hungry, but went for my walk first.  When I came back from my walk, I wasn’t too interested in food, but new I should eat, as it is lunch time.  I’ve now had my salad (a very large one, but same as usual), and now I usually have the blueberries and cottage cheese, but I am full.  The past couple weeks I have been getting closer to this point as I finish my salad, but continue finishing my lunch, to make it more of a complete meal.  But today, I think I will stop.  It is only veggies and vinegar, which will be a quick digestion, so I will probably snack a bit more.  Let’s see where the calories fall at the end of my work day and see if I’m up or down or at the same. 

Come to think of it, maybe I’m getting a slightly smaller stomach.  For breakfast, my wife and I have been having the same thing on most work days, two pieces of toast, whole grain, with a spread of some sort.  I usually have yogurt.  Then on top I have some strawberries, or blueberries.  When we first started this venture that combination was a good breakfast; not too filling, but not too little.  Now I’m wondering if I want two pieces.  By the end of breakfast, I am full.  However I don’t think I’m ready to only have one piece of toast.  Maybe my wife is ready to reduce breakfast and share the second piece.  However she is usually under on her calories, so taking more away, maybe not a good idea. 

PS:  I think blueberries and cottage cheese is “Sweet & Salty” in a natural form.  Instead of going for chocolate covered pretzels, this makes a good substitute. 

Unless you’re craving chocolate, then that’s another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment