Tuesday 7 August 2012

#87 Long Weekend Follow-up (07/03/12)

This past weekend was a go go go.  My body is battered and bruised, but at least I have a lot to show for it.  We started after work on Friday and kept going until 10 last night.  Note from last post.  The Stank water on the kitchen counter wasn’t water.  It was oil from a deep fryer.  Yuck.  The first day and a half I worked on the icky pet room.  Downfall of not having a sensitive nose, you get the smelly jobs.  During that time my wife and MIL worked on the rest up the main floor.  I burned a LOT of calories cleaning, and packing up garbage, books, donate items, books, items for us to keep, and did I mention books. 

Saturday night we did have “fast food” eek. A&W teen burgers and sweet onion rings.  Yay.  Well, not so yay, but it was a nice treat, and surprisingly I was still under my calories.  It was good that I had planned food mostly for the weekend, as that did help, overall.  Having ideas for lunches was the better idea, even though we strayed from planned, somewhat, just having lunch time planned was the better end. 

The progress of cleaning out the remnants of a hoarder’s house has gone quicker than I had thought.  Still not done, but main floor is complete cleared of stuff not staying and about ½ of the basement is done, with some stuff to go to donate and garbage.  By the end of Sunday we had filled out yard bin, and Monday they weren’t open, so we’ve just started a slight collection to take in loads with the truck.  One surprise this weekend was the plumbing.  We are all so glad my wife can do that.  She replaced all the guts in the three toilets, and fixes the three leaky sinks/taps.   I love my wife is handy like that; I know it is lesbian cliché, but I don’t care, it is great that she can fix things.  (Next hurdle in plumbing is getting hot water, should just be lighting the pilot lights in the water tanks, we hope.)

All day Monday I was working in the “craft” room.  That was a gong show.  That is the most packed room.  In the 9 hours working, I managed to clear a space about 10’ by 8’.  It seems like a lot, but that is about 1/5th the room.  We have a long way to go yet.  We are very sore today.  When getting to work today, I briefly contemplated taking the elevator, up the ONE flight of stairs.  I didn’t though.

Tonight we are having dinner right after work; MIL is preparing dinner for when we walk through the door.  Then right after, we can get back to work.

The downside to this weekend, as of Saturday morning I was up .5 pounds.  Not a good scale week.  Let’s hope things are better next week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment