Thursday 16 August 2012

#114 Twins on the Brain (08/16/12)

When I was with my ex husband, my main excuse for NOT having kids was “What if we have twins, we need to be REALLY ready.” (He was a twin.)  Now that my wife and I are this close to actually trying, the twin thought is popping in my head again.  Twins don’t run in my family, nor do they run in our donor’s family, but it seems that isn’t 100% fool proof of not having twins.  Our fertility doctor suggested not taking Clomid. (It is the usual fertility drug that stimulates ovulation, when getting IUI.) Because we are theoretically ovulating naturally Clomid only would increase the chance of twins, or eek the thought triplets. 
The idea of twins seems to be constant vortex of that would be neat with the smooshy feeling, and HELL NO, that would be too much on the first go round.  On my wife and I’s wedding night, a cousin of mine wished us to have many kids, and the first set to be TWINS.  She had her first set as twins and loved it, and then continued to have a total of four (maybe five, forgive my memory).  As a note, I did say twins don’t run in my family, and this cousin is not technically blood related.  If you have any belief in the concept of putting an idea our there for the universe to bring to you or who you wish it upon, then you can understand where my constant thinking regarding twins is coming from. 
Is this a normal, I want to say obsession but that seems too strong a word, thought?  So far I’ve read a few blogs of lesbians trying to conceive, but none of them have covered this nagging thought.  Maybe I’m just getting ahead of myself; we haven’t even gone in for the first round of IUI.  We are getting closer though.  In the end my wife and I will tackle any hurdle the universe throws at us.  Please let the limit be two-three if this is our challenge.  Our wish is for the baby (ies) to be healthy, and we will be doing everything in our power to help that come to fruition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment