Wednesday 8 August 2012

#99 New month, new motivation (07/30/12)

Well, August is almost here and I’m trying to get my motivation back.  July was a wash for losing weight.  End result was I lost .5 pounds.  Better than up I guess.  Now my mouth is back to normal, I’m less cranky, and not looking for softer foods for less chewing, I’m hoping my body starts to shift the weight.  I think there is still a little cleansing required from the T3’s. 

In order for my body to shift the weight, I need to get the bounce back in my bum. (Quote from Netty Mac, a Calgary local singer)  Starting a bit early (last couple days in July) I went for my lunch time walk again.  It was nice.  My head did sweat a bit more that it should have, due to the fact I am at work, but it was nice to get back on the walking moment.  With the possible new vigor, I’m hoping once home, I am able to get my chores done, PLUS a little bit of Wii workout or walking on the treadmill.  Both of which haven’t happened in a while. 

Top Five things I want to have done tonight
1.      Wash dishes
2.      Organize my pantry
3.      Wash the hot tub filters
4.      Put away laundry
5.      Work out

I think it is time to make working out a priority.  Over the past month, it has shown that general activity won’t work unless I’m also putting as much energy into eating healthy.  But it seems that if I am not concentrating on working out, my healthy eating also goes by the wayside.  One or the other may be ok for maintaining weight, but for losing it, I need both. 

Unfortunately I will be on MFP alone, as my wife’s logging has been lax.  However her weight loss has been progressive.  She is very close to 280’s which is great for her.  What she is doing is working; we eat relatively the same, so I’m not too worried about it at this point. 

Next week is my fertility follow up appointment, so I’m hoping I can lose a bit more that where I was at the previous appointment.  But that is still two-three pounds.  Based on digestion back up, and not drinking enough water recently, hopefully I can shift that much this week.  It is all a process so I just need to get the bounce back in my bum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment