Tuesday 7 August 2012

#84 Ramblings to get my head straight (06/27/12)

The stress on the appointment yesterday was getting to me more than I realized.  I’ve been a bit of a basket case for the past week.  Partially PMS and partially waiting to see if I get accepted as a patient at the fertility clinic.

Well, PMS is over, and so is the first appointment.  So the next hurdle, a bunch of tests.  Mostly blood tests on certain days, an ultra sound, and HSG test.  My next follow up appointment to see how the tests went is August 8th.  So that gives me 6 weeks to lose a bit more weight.  I’m hoping for another 10 pounds.  But any is a victory. 

Timing to go for first try looks like it would be at the end of September beginning of October.  That is 3 months away.  To get a total of 31 pounds off would be a 10% reduction of my weight.  This means an additional loss of 19.5 pounds in three months.  That is doable.  I’m going to strive for more, if I can get to 30-40 pounds that would be fantastic.  Then hopefully at my highest baby weight I won’t be more that 280 pounds.  Alas, that is getting ahead of myself. 

On my lunches, I’ve been walking about 20 minutes, just under a mile on most days.  That is good.  Evenings have been a hit or miss.  For the past little while, I’ve been in charge of cooking the meals for my wife, mother in law and father in law, while they were packing up the house for sale.  I would either bring the meal to them, or wait at home for them to come and eat.  This cut into my focus time that could be for exercising, and seeing I wasn’t helping pack/move/clean until after dinner, which a lot of the time would be about 9, there wasn’t much left for me to do to burn off calories helping.  The past few days we’ve had off from the move stress, as the house is finally up for sale. 

Next we are gearing up for possession of the new house, should be tomorrow or Friday.  The new house was a foreclosure and is a bit of disrepair and needs a good clean/de-clutter.  At least the house is next door, so dinners should be a quick deal.  I think I need to go on a casserole cooking spree to freeze a bunch to pop in the oven, we can be cleaning, and then pause for dinner, then back to cleaning or whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment